Farm Skillz



I broke a cardinal rule of the farm today.

I left the gate open.

I was hot, on the phone and not paying attention and after watering the pigs, I apparently left the gate unlocked behind me. 

Not long after, Nathan and I got in the car and headed to town to pick up Evie. We returned about 45 minutes later and as we were driving down the driveway (and I was still on the phone, on a conference call (muted thank god), we see a strange sight:

Mama Pig and her daughter frolicking in the donkey pasture amongst two very horrified donkeys.

And strangely, the second Mama Pig sighted the car, she ran across the pasture and proceeded to gallop along side the car for the rest of the drive into the yard. She ran right along with us, shaking her head and obviously having the best day ever all the way to the garage. Somehow our existence was just the best thing ever--even better than having run of the farm for the previous hour.

And let me tell you, if the sight of a 600lb sow galloping alongside your car in ecstatic joy doesn't make your Tuesday better, I don't what does.

Getting her back home was as simple as getting out of the car, calling her name, and having her and her crew follow me back into the barn for their evening meal. I LOVE THAT PIG.

And yes, in case you are wondering, I didn't miss a beat on the conference call either. #farmskillz

Comments

Popular Posts