One Year



Exactly a year ago today we woke up to our last morning living in town.

A long (and exceedingly hot if I recall) day of moving our entire household to the farm followed. We went from offer to closing and moving in just four weeks, while at the same time prepping our old house to sell.

And this was, of course, all in the midst of me at the busy of time of year for two of my biggest clients asthey prepared for last year's Thoroughbred Makeover. To make matters worse, we found out the very day we moved in that contrary to what our internet and phone provider had told us BEFORE we even put an offer in, this farm didn't have high speed internet...in fact, the end leg speed we had was slower than dial-up. That is a heart-attack moment for someone whose entire business is run online.

I don't think I have ever been so overwhelmed in my entire life. I remember going to bed that night--exhausted, in a house that was only unpacked enough to provide a bed, without internet and with a to-do list a mile long--I was in the midst of a full blown "what have we done???" moment before I finally fell asleep.

But the very next morning I woke up and watched the sun rise in its full glory for the first time in years. I heard the meadowlarks sing and saw the barn swallows take up morning post on the powerline. I saw the dew leave the grass in a drift of morning fog for miles in every direction. I knew that despite all the chaos, all the stress and all the worry that we were exactly where we were meant to be.

God is pretty darn good at using His full glory to wipe away the worst of your doubt when you need Him the most.

Comments

Popular Posts