Miracle Chicken

This is my miracle chicken...spending her last day or so in the "chicken hospital" before she gets to go back out again!

By all rights, she should be dead. About two weeks ago she got very sick, exhibiting the myriad symptoms of "could be any one of 100 chicken diseases because nobody has really studied them well enough to know". Nobody else in the flock was affected, deepening the mystery, but she went downhill very quickly.

I put her in my "hospital pen" and started doing what I could to help--keep her comfortable, give her super nutrition and keep her hydrated. Folks with chickens will tell you "chickens just die" and I expected to find her dead every single morning, but she persevered.

And after many days of no change, she has started miraculously getting better in the last few days and looks down right perky tonight. I shouldn't be this happy to save one $3 chicken but I really am...even when she tried to peck my hand tonight. ðŸ˜€

Comments

Popular Posts