A Photo Story of My Kitchen

Tonight I had to do one of those last minute "OMG people are coming over" cleanups that a person does when their house is a mess because they have barely lived indoors for a week because the weather has been spectacular and the to do list is calling.

While doing this, I realized that I had kitchen "clutter" most suburbanites wouldn't even be able to identify. And that the clutter of a single week told a story of its own. Such as:

-A bottle of Nutridrench, a vitamin and energy supplement made for cattle but currently being syringes down the throats each night on the ill hen in the coop. Molasses + vitamins does everything good.
-The big sheep shearing clipper on the dining table bench, awaiting a thorough cleaning and piling after some cool down belly shaves.
-A packet of green bean seed sitting on the microwave because a little recent rain has me convinced that I can double crop part of the garden.
-Some lamb bottle nipples on the window ledge, staying handy for those days that Bandit gets somewhere he doesn't belong and has to be lured back in with a nipple attached to a pop bottle (he is smart enough to check for the nipple, a plain bottle won't work!)
-A chick waterer in the other windowsill to be cleaned out for the NEW hatch of baby chicks that one of the broody hens showed up with the other day. 🙄🐥
-A pile of 3 inch screws in with the salt and pepper shaker from where I dug them out of my jeans pocket at supper because it is darn hard to scarf down tacos while being poked in the leg!

Yup-cleaning up my kitchen is like reading the story of "a week in the life of a farmer".

Comments

Popular Posts