Monday Mare Problems




Monday Problems.

I have a mare that is officially past her due date as of tomorrow who hardly looks in foal (except for bagging up) and two donkeys that aren't supposed to be pregnant at all that look nearly ready to burst. This type of situation, combined with the truly awful weather today, have created a deep "oh my god, is someone going to have a baby soon?" paranoia in me, creating the following marginally insane thoughts:

"I think the donkeys' teats are getting bigger in the last week...well, maybe. But what if they are just getting bigger because I keep handling them to see if they are bigger? Are they really bigger or just bigger because I keep touching them? (galactorrhea, yes it's a thing) Does that mean I should stop touching them? But what if I miss something?"

"What if Lilly is having a false pregnancy? What if eating clover in the past few weeks caused her to bag up instead of a real baby? (again, it's a thing) Is her tailhead actually getting softer or is her ass just getting fatter?"

"Maybe Lilly just looks less pregnant than the donkeys due BECAUSE her ass is so wide and you cannot therefore see her belly. (it is, I measured it--her butt is 33 1/2 inches wide. Seriously, what a wide load).

"Is Lilly acting all needy and extra affectionate because she is nearing foaling or because she thinks I am going insane and I need her help?"

And then the endless panic about what the horses and donkeys are doing. Nobody can lie down, itch their sides or lift their tail in my viewing without an instant red alert status from yours truly.

To preserve my sanity I don't need drugs, I just need my own ultrasound machine...

Also, I should probably have my Google taken away.

Comments

Popular Posts